Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 22, 2010

Our little porker (not quite...)

So, for those of you aware of Adam's weight saga, I am happy to report that at his weigh-in this morning, he was 7 lb, 13.5 ounces! This is a 1 lb, 13.5 oz weight gain in two weeks and two days. I am thrilled, as he is gaining weight at a remarkable speed and should be up to where he is supposed to be (based on his birth weight) and out of the 5th percentile in no time! And, I am hoping that means less feedings and longer stretches of sleep (I know, I know, I can dream, right?!).

In order to keep mommy sane, we found a group on meetup.com for moms in Atlanta of babies less than 6 months old. They have many activities, including mall walks, infant massage, storytime, etc. Yesterday, we went to a mall walk and met some other mommies and babies. And, Adam wasn't even the youngest there! After, since we were across the street from my work, I took Adam over there to meet the crew. He was exceptionally well behaved, and no one believed that he ever cries! We had our first feeding/diaper change outside of the house (besides the dr's office) and everything went smoothly. I couldn't stomach the mall bathroom, so I used a Macy's fitting room. I figured I spend enough there that they can lend me their fitting room for a short period of time!

Next week's activities include another mall walk and a playdate with my friend Kelley's twin boys, who were born in October. Okay, I know that no playing will occur, but I can pretend, can't I?

Enjoy the pictures of the (not so) fatty below. I took some diaper pics so that you can see that he is chunking up a little.




No comments:

Post a Comment