Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

(Temporary) SAHM


So, I had been mulling over the idea of trying to stay home a bit longer with Adam. I'm really enjoying being home now that we've gotten into a good rhythm (it doesn't hurt that he's slept through the night the past four nights!). I was due to go back to work on 4/12, so I only had two weeks left of leave. Last week, I finally decided to go ahead and ask for a few more weeks off. I requested an extension through 5/3, which is three additional weeks. Today I found out that it was approved! I'm very happy. I know that life will be super-crazy when I get back to work, since busy season is upon us, so I want to maximize my time home with Adam. I know I will never be able to get these weeks back. Yay!

In other news, we took Adam for his three month pictures on Saturday. He was not a happy camper. Not sure why, but he pretty much started screaming as soon as we put him down for pictures. Kelly, the photographer, had to be pretty creative to get pictures in which he wasn't crying. This mostly involved having Brad draped with a humongous cape-like piece of furry fabric, holding Adam! Finally, though, Brad searched deep in his bag of tricks and pulled out the "poopy" word. This was enough to get Adam smiling...how sad! But, we are just thankful that he finally smiled and laughed! Hopefully he'll be a bit more cooperative at six months!

No comments:

Post a Comment