Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

6 Months!


I've been very delinquent with posting. Sorry about that! I guess this is what working mommyhood is about. So, Adam turned 6 months last week! Unfortunately, I was unable to go to his 6 month appointment (client meeting), but I armed Brad with a long list of questions for the doctor. Adam was 17 lbs, 12 oz. and 26 inches long, which is 50th percentile for both weight and length. As usually, the doctor said he looks just perfect! In the past few weeks, Adam has also had two teeth break through. We have been so lucky, as he was not a fussy teether. I've heard teething can be pretty tough on babies (and parents!), so we are very lucky. We're also trying to feed Adam more solids. Thus far he has had rice (no stars), oatmeal (1/2 star), peas (1 star), carrots (1 star) , sweet potatoes (3 stars), apples (3 stars) and pears (3 stars). Looks like Adam has a sweet tooth like his mommy! He's finally getting the hang of eating from a spoon, but still prefers the bottle. He is also sitting up like a champ, and we suspect we'll have a crawler soon.

Adam and I are also going to a music class on Saturday mornings. Ever since he was an infant, I've noticed that Adam likes music and I thought he'd enjoy a class. Since we don't get to spend as much time together during the week, it's nice to have this Adam/mommy time. We also went swimming a couple of weeks ago, and Adam seemed to really enjoy that. I enjoy seeing how cute he is in his bathing suit!

Work is going well. I'm enjoying my new environment, my new coworkers and my new clients. The change is good. I've gotten back in the swing of things, and don't mind not being home with Adam anymore. Good thing, since I need to work!



No comments:

Post a Comment