Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

It was just a matter of time...

So, it took a whopping two weeks, but Adam came down with daycare cooties! Poor thing! This past weekend, he was a little congested, coughing and drooling A LOT, so we thought that he might be teething. My parents were here this past weekend, so they actually kept Adam home with them on Tuesday. And, poor Grammy and Grampy....Adam was not a happy camper for them! He was just miserable on Tuesday. We should have known something was up when he woke up several times through the night before. He's usually a great sleeper. On Wednesday, he seemed to be better, so I stayed home with him for a little bit longer than normal in the morning, but then took him to daycare. Of course, I got a call at about noon saying that he had the beginnings of pinkeye! So, Brad picked him up and took him to the doctor. Ended up he had an ear infection, eye infection and a rash all brought on by a "summer bug". He was sent home with antibiotics and eye drops.

This morning, when I got up, Adam's poop was red (TMI?!)! So, I called the doctor, and he told me to bring Adam in. After rushing to get him fed, dressed and me dressed, we headed out to the doctor's office. When we got there, we didn't have to wait long, thankfully, and when his doctor walked in, he started apologizing...the medication causes red poop! Glad it wasn't anything more serious, but we could have avoided a trip to the doctor. I've now learned to read the side effects on prescriptions! Adam was in great spirits today, and he looks a lot better. He probably could go back to daycare, but we don't want to take any chances. So, Daddy will be staying home with Adam tomorrow. I'm just glad that we're on the tail end of this thing...it's tough to see your little one miserable. But, he's been a trooper. I think Grammy and Grampy bore the brunt of it on Tuesday (sorry!).

In other news, Brad and I had our first night away from Adam. To celebrate our anniversary, we went down to the Ritz at Lake Oconee for a night. It was great to get away, but I missed Adam so much. It's actually a little ridiculous how much I missed him! At least I know now that I'm not ready for a longer trip. Now that I'm back at work, I want to spend as much time as I can with him on the weekends. Speaking of work, it's still going well. It took a couple weeks to get over the initial shock of going back, but now I'm glad to be back working. I think, though, that maybe part-time would be ideal.

Now that Adam's feeling better, I need to take some more pictures! I'll try to post some with the next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment