Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 7, 2010

It's been awhile!


I just realized it's been a MONTH AND A HALF since I last posted! Unacceptable. I guess that's what happens when mom goes back to work. I'm not going to pretend like I don't have any time - I do. In fact, now that Adam is nearly 8 months old, he gets a little more independent and easier each day (except for the crabby ones). Basically what I'm saying is that I don't have a valid excuse.

Where to start? Hmmm....well, Adam is now about 19-20 lbs and 27 inches long. He is getting so big! He still only has two teeth. We're waiting for some more to pop through. He's eating a lot more solids...we've started trying finger foods where we can. This morning, he even had a teeny tiny pancake, and he had yummy watermelon for lunch. He is not crawling yet, but is very close. He gets on his hands and knees and gets his entire body swaying. It's just a matter of time. We had to lower his mattress to avoid the flip that would be inevitable once he started crawling/pulling up. Speaking of pulling up, all he wants to do is stand. He likes to get himself propped up on anything and stand by himself. He sometime even adds in some booty-shaking. It's adorable. He is VERY verbal, and his baby noises are starting to sound more and more like actual words...not sure from what language, though.

Daycare is going well. Adam has gotten better adjusted, and takes more reasonable naps most days. We are actually switching daycares on 9/1, because he just got a spot at another daycare which has a great reputation. So, we didn't think we could pass it up. I checked out the facilities, as well, and they are very nice. Hopefully, Adam will adjust quickly to his new school. At this age, he has smiles for everyone, so I think he'll be fine with new teachers.

My job is going fabulously. I am really enjoying being back at work now, and I think I've struck a good balance. I'm really enjoying my new clients, coworkers and role. I just feel so grateful to be able to leave work at a decent hour (almost) every night and spend a nice amount of time with my baby boy. He's growing so fast, and I don't want to miss any of it.

Next month brings a trip down to Florida to visit Adam's great-grandparents. They haven't seen him (except pictures and skype) since he was two months old, so I'm sure everyone will be thrilled to see him. It's out first trip on a plane with him, so wish us luck. We did get a seat for him so that we had plenty of room and a poor soul wasn't stuck next to us!

I know I've made this promise before, but I will try to be better about blogging in a timely fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment