
Back in the first trimester, I thought the speed at which this pregnancy thing was going would drive me crazy. See, I'm an instant gratification kinda girl, so the idea of waiting 8 months for anything was irritating. When I decide I want something, I take care of it ASAP. But, this time it was beyond my control. So, I'm a little surprised that I am now wishing things would slow down a little. We're about 2 months out now, and with the holidays and such approaching, I'm sure the time will continue to fly, as it has since we've entered the third trimester.
We have had an eventful week. Some of it I won't get into on the blog, but yesterday was one of my best days ever. On Thursday, Brad and I met with our potential pediatrician. He's in a six physician practice a little bit closer to our home than my OB. We both really liked him, and we're going to move forward with this practice. Now I can complete the pre-admission paperwork for the hospital! Then, we had a 30 week ultrasound yesterday. Everything looked great! Our little boy (yes, boy...you don't know how nervous I was that he was actually a girl) has gotten so big. All measurements averaged out exactly to my due date of 12/21. The ultrasound estimates him at 3.5 pounds, but I understand that they can be quite off.
Tomorrow is the second day of childbirth class. The first session last week was very informative. So, they showed some childbirth videos, and I turned to Brad and said "That doesn't look so bad!" and he said, "Are you kidding? That looked horrible." Moral of the story - thank goodness I'm the one carrying this baby! I've decided to attempt natural childbirth with the option of drugs/epidural if I think I need it.
I have my first baby shower at the end of the month down in Florida, which is being thrown by my mother-in-law (thanks, Ruth!). Since we have to travel for the shower, a lot of people are sending presents to Atlanta, so we've already gotten some stuff. We thank everyone for their generosity...this baby is going to want for nothing! I'm very excited to see family and friends and to celebrate our impending arrival.
That's all for now. Enjoy the pic of our little boy (who is so big, his whole body doesn't fit on the ultrasound screen anymore!).

No comments:
Post a Comment