I know, I know....I've been delinquent. No good excuse, just laziness!
So, Brad and I went to NYC a few weekends ago for a short trip before the arrival of our little one. We had a good time...ate a lot, walked around, saw a couple of shows, and napped. Yep, that's right, napped! I was so exhausted every afternoon I had to take a nap before we started our evening activities. But, it was good to get away and have some time to ourselves.
A couple of weekends ago, we started our many weekends of baby classes. First, it was a baby essentials class, where we learned about the first few days with the baby. We also got to practice swaddling and diaper changing - fun! Last weekend, we went on a tour of the hospital. When we went by the nursery, there were a bunch of babies in there and they were all so adorable! This weekend it's childbirth preparation.
Next weekend, we have a 30 week (yes - 30 weeks, can you believe it?!) ultrasound. We can't wait to see our little one again. By then, he should be pretty big - well over 3 pounds. He has been moving like crazy, so I'm anxious to see his movements on the little screen. My last appointment went well, and everything is progressing as expected. I'm now at the doctor every two weeks.
Lastly, we got our furniture in. My brother has gotten us the bedding and all of the accessories for the room, which are with my parents in Florida. We will bring it all back with us when we go down for the shower at the end of this month. But, for now, we have posted a picture with the furniture and some decorations. The glider should be in any day now, too. We can't wait to see it all put together, but we think the nursery looks pretty good so far.

No comments:
Post a Comment